You will then need to install the MiFlash tool on your computer. This tool is available for free from the official Xiaomi website. Once you have installed the MiFlash tool, you must open the app.
- You’ll also help yourself if you decide to install a custom ROM in the future and face issues with passing SafetyNet.
- In this article, you will learn how to flash stock firmware files on the Samsung Galaxy A52.
- LineageOS also has a wide list of supported devices, so its quite likely that your device will be in that list as well.
- Moreover, many people prefer apps like Titanium backup for taking regular backups but it should be noted that no app can save every tiny detail of your phone as backup does.
Besides that, you can check out OnePlus, Motorola, Nothing, Realme, and Asus devices for good custom ROM support. In terms of rock-solid stability, LineageOS would take the crown for the most stable custom ROM.
A stock ROM or firmware is official software developed by the device’s maker, especially for that device. It lets you fix bricked devices and resolve boot loop issues due to wrong or incompatible file flashing. It will also be useful if you encounter bugs or performance-related issues. However, people tend to install a ‘custom ROM’ to gain more control over their device and have extra features. But, link download there is a high risk of getting your phone bricked during the process. To combat such a situation you need to backup the Android ROM (original/pre-installed), prior to flashing a new ROM. Through this article we bring you the detailed process about how to back up Android ROM to PC.
- Android phones and tablets are usually much more than operating systems like iOS, Ti zen, or Windows 10 Mobile.
- That’s why LineageOS promises to push for user personalization and preference.
- It is important, however, to ensure that the ROM is up-to-date and compatible with the device before installing it.
- Uncompress the archives and run the self-extracting script from the root of the source tree.
In contrast, custom ROMs are developed independently and undergo unscheduled release cycles. As a result, it is always advisable to install a stock ROM on your Xiaomi phone if you want to enjoy the latest features and a stable operating system.